Tickets and Donations
The Ministry of Concern is here to lend a helping hand to our neighbors to improve the overall vitality of our communities. We are encouraged by the words of Margaret Mead:
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Please join us by donating, becoming a Coach (mentor), or helping out with special events and fundraisers.
Today, the Ministry of Concern provides services to the poor and working poor who are facing hardship and/or crisis. Our communities have been greatly impacted by the loss of manufacturing jobs in the surrounding urban areas. As a result many families and individuals are struggling.
Who comes to us for assistance?
- Adults and young people working for temporary agencies or working several low paying jobs who find it difficult to afford home furnishings.
- Families and individuals struggling to pay for utilities or prescription co-pays.
- Older adults who have experienced a sudden loss in income due to the death of a spouse.
- People just starting a job who need gas money to get to work until they get a pay check.
- Families with children who are at risk of school failure turn to us for youth development activities through Just Friends E-3 Team events and adult role models.
These are just a few of the situations faced by our neighbors who come to the Ministry of Concern for help when they have exhausted all other sources of assistance.